zondag 20 juli 2014

USB charger news

For those who are figuring out what to do:

At the moment while travelling I'm testing my stuff. (It seems that I couldn't test this in the 4 days before this trip.)

For navigation I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 and an usb charger with 500 mA. The device will charge driving 5km/h.

There is a but!!!
I have also connected the battery pack of 7000mA but would not charge fast enough.

Now I know why!!!
My phone Samsung Galaxy S4 active informs me when I unplug the cable. Because the battery was empty I connected this to de usb charger. When i was going less then 11 km/h the phone informed me about being unpluged. When I'm going faster then that it will charge. But the phone needs also the power to keep the charging mode active or when the device is on it needs even more power.

Conclusion
A 1000mA usb charger is better for latest devices. When travelling with older devices 500mA will work too.

Always check if your device is compatible with the charger.

Geen opmerkingen: